Leadership

 Do you love your wife yes prove it like what's the metric give me the number that helps me know right because when you met her you didn't love her now you love her right tell me the day the love happened it's an impossible question but it's not that it doesn't exist it's that it's much easier to prove overtime right?

Do you love your wife yes prove it like what's the metric give me the number that helps me know right because when you met her you didn't love her now you love her right tell me the day the love happened it's an impossible question but it's not that it doesn't exist it's that it's much easier to prove overtime right?
Leadership
                                                                                                                                                                                                                            Leadership is the same thing it's about transitions so if you were to go to the gym is it like exercise right if you go to the gym and you work out and you return and you look in the mirror you will see nothing and on the off chance that you go to the exercise center the following day and you come back and you look in the mirror you will see nothing right so there are no results can't be measured it must not be effective so we quit right or on the off chance that you essentially accept that this is the correct strategy and you stay with it like in a relationship.

I bought her flowers and I wished her happy birthday and she doesn't let them I'll give up that's not what happens if you believe there's something there you commit yourself to act an act of service you commit yourself to the regime the exercise you can screw it up you can eat chocolate cake one day you can skip a day or two you know it allows for that but if you stick with it consistently I'm not exactly sure what day but I know you'll start getting into shape I know it and the same with the relationship it's not about the events it's not about intensity it's about consistency right.

You go to the dentist twice a year your teeth will fall out you have to brush your teeth every day for two minutes what is brushing your day twice a day for two minutes do nothing unless you do it every day twice a day for two minutes right it's the consistency going to the gym for nine hours does not get you into shape working out every day for 20 minutes gets you into shape so the problem is we treat leadership with intensity we have a two-day off-site we would invite a bunch of speakers we give everybody certificate you're a leader right those things are like going to the dentist they're very important that good for  reminding us or getting us in the groove again learning new exercises however it's the day by day practice of the multitude of dreary minimal exhausting things like brushing your teeth that matter themost she didn't fall in love with you because you remembered her birthday and bought her flowers in Valentine's Day she fell in love with you because when you woke up in the first part of the day you said great morning to her before you checked your telephone she experienced passionate feelings for you since when you went to the cooler to get yourself a beverage you got her one without asking she fell head over heels for you since when you had a stunning day at work and she got back home and she had a terrible day at work

You didn't say yeah yeah yeah but let me tell you about my day you sat and listened to her awful day and you didn't say a thing about your amazing day this is why she fell in love with you I can't tell you exactly what day and it was no specular thing you did was the accumulation of all of those little things that she woke up one day and this as if she pressed a button she goes I love him right leadership is exactly the same there's no event there's no thing I can tell you you have to do that your people will trust you it just doesn't work that way it's then it's ancollection of tons of easily overlooked details that anybody without help from anyone else is harmless and futile in a real sense silly without help from anyone else individuals will take a gander at easily overlooked details that are acceptable administration practice and say that won't work and you're absolutely right but if you do it consistently and you do it in combination with lots of other little things like saying good morning to someone that looking in the eye my friend George who's a three-star general in the Marine Corps, he says his test for leadership and I love this because his tests really a good leader if you ask somebody how their day is going you actually care about the answer the number of times were walking to a meeting we're rushing we go how are you not good I gotta get to you later I got I'm late for a meeting.

If you asked the question you were standing there and you're listening to the answer it's those little innocuous things that you do over and over and over and over that people will say I love my job but I like my job I like my job means yeah the challenge is great they pay me well I like the people I love my job means I don't want to work anywhere else I don't care how much somebody else was willing to pay me I'm devoted to the people here and I cared desperately about the people here as if they were my family in business we have colleagues and co-workers in the military they have brothers and sisters that's how they think of each other if you really have a strong corporate culture the people will think of each other as brothers and sisters only it's like a family right no brothers and sisters deep love fight but the love doesn't go away bicker the love doesn't go away and I'll fight with my sister but if you threaten my sister you're gonna have to deal with me right we'll fight internally we'll bicker with each other but nobody's gonna hurt each other and if anything from the outside.

Shows up you got you're looking at unified front brothers and sisters now how do you create brothers and sisters out of strangers common beliefs common values you know parents all in all leaders who care about their kids' prosperity who care to bring up their youngsters train them abilities discipline them when essential assistance them fabricate their self-assurance so that they couldn't go on and achieve something more than you could have ever imagined achieving for yourself that's leadership.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Magic Of Asking

  The Power Of Asking Have you ever hesitated to ask for something you wanted, fearing rejection or judgment? If so, you’re not alone. M...